Ag-Bag EcoPOD® composting system
The Ag-Bag EcoPOD® composting system is an effective system for processing large amounts of organic material into compost.
The benefits with this system is low initial capital costs (the only requirement is a hard-packed surface), low cost of labor, flexible localisation (mobile) and minimal disturbance of the surroundings (contained process). Furthermore it’s a flexible solution because of the independence of localisation and processing volumes. For more information please click on the product links above.
Special requirements for approval of the composting site
A composting site shall comply with the following requirements:
- An enclosed composting reactor (for example Ag-Bag EcoPod©) that the material has to pass through, with instruments that measures temperature plotted against time.
- A contrivance that regularly registers the results of the measures and an adequate monitor system to prevent insufficient heat (ABP1774).
Flowchart for Ag-Bag composting
- Household, restaurant, catering
- Hygienisation (10 days) Composting (2 month)
- Curing (1-6 month depending on what the compost will be used for)
- Possible hygienisation (70°C) in a mixer wagon (additional security)
- Ready compost
The composting process takes place under complete control in an Ag-Bag EcoPod®. A plastic bag 60-75 m in length and 1,5 – 2,7 m in diameter which can be filled with 80 – 320 ton. The filling capacity is between 60 – 200 ton/h.
The possibility to control the air flow (oxygen ratio) comes through the aeration system, and temperature and other parameters results in stable hygienisated compost. After 2-3 month the result is a leach and odour-free humus-like material. Because the compost is ready in such a short period of time the site can be used 3 – 4 time/year.
During the composting process the Ag-Bag EcoPOD® acts as its own bio-filter and emits only carbon dioxide, water and heat.
Ag-Bag – streamlines the natural process!
Minimises or eliminates:
- Prevents birds, flies and rats
- Eliminates odour
- Eliminates leakage to groundwater
- Weather independent
- Reduced site area
- Reduced cycle time
- More effective workload and reduced time-consumption
- No unnecessary transports
- Does not require a secluded locationNo large and nonflexible investment